To change the default password that’s used to do routerlogin with the username admin and this password is not the one that you use for Wi-Fi access. The product label shows your unique wireless network name (SSID) and password for wireless access.
Set password for the username admin:
- Go to the Internet browser from a wireless device that is attached to the network.
- Enter website routerlogin.net. A login screen displays to do routerlogin.
- Enter the username and password of the router. The username is admin and the default password is password. The username and password both should be case-sensitive. The main HOME page appears on the screen.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
- Select the field to type the old password, and then type the new password twice.
- To recover the admin password, select the Enable Password Recovery check box.
- Click the Apply button so that changes can take place.
To recover the admin Password
NETGEAR recommends that you enable password recovery if you change the password for the router username admin. Then you can certainly recover the password if it’s forgotten. This recovery process is supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers.
Password recovery set up:
- Open a browser from a computer or device that is linked to the network.
- Type website routerlogin.net in the address field of the browser. A screen appears to do login.
- Now, enter the router username and password. The username is an admin. The default password is password. The BASIC Home screen appears.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password. The Set Password screen appears.
- Select the Password Recovery check box.
- Choose two security questions and provide answers to them.
- Click on the apply button to save the changes.
To recover your password:
- In the address bar of your browser, type www.routerlogin.net. A screen appears to do routerlogin.
- If you have to recover the password, you have to enter the serial number of the router and the serial number is placed on the product.
- Now, enter the serial number of the router.
- After entering the serial number, a screen displays having security questions and you have to answer that security questions.
- Click the Continue button. A screen appears representing that your password has been recovered.
- Once again, click the Login button and enter the recovered password to do routerlogin.